Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Persecution

Persecution isn't something I think about on a daily basis. I'll read a book such as Heavenly Man and it will temporarily open my eyes to the persecution that is going on in other countries. But overall, persecution seems to be far removed from my life.

Today in History of Christianity we talked about the persecution of the early church but also the persecution that takes place today. The fact is there has been more Christian persecution and martyrs in the past century than in any other century. This fact is troubling besides the obvious reasons, because I am living my life oblivious to a lot of it.

International Christian Concern keeps pretty up to date account of reported persecution. I feel convicted to know what is happening to the church around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment